As Southern Baptists...
1) We believe in God the Father as creator and sustainer of all creation.
2) We believe in Jesus Christ as the one and only, truly begotten Son of God.
3) We believe in the indwelling Spirit of God in all true believers.
4) We believe that salvation comes by grace through faith in the sacrificial, atoning work of Jesus Christ.
5) We believe in the eternal security of the true believer (i.e., once truly saved, you can in no manner lose your salvation).
6) We believe in baptism, by means of complete immersion, for professing true believers.
7) Membership into the church is obtained by:
- Profession of faith and for baptism according to the policies of this church.
- By promise of a letter from another Southern Baptist church or another evangelical church of like faith and order.
- By statement of prior conversion experience and baptism in a Southern Baptist church or another evangelical church of like faith and order when no letter is obtainable.
* Completion of the pre-membership class of "FSB 101" is required for full church membership status.
God's plan of salvation is as simple as ABC:
A All persons have sinned and need salvation.
Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
B Because God loves us, He offers us salvation.
Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin are death, but the gift of God is life everlasting through Jesus Christ our Lord."
C Come to Jesus and confess Him as Savior and Lord for salvation.
Romans 10:9 "That if you shall confess with your mouth... believe in your heart... you will be saved."
Looking for answers? Find them here at findithere.com.
The Baptist Faith & Message
Our Church Covenant
Having been led, as we believe by the Spirit of God, to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and, on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, we do now, in the presence of God, and this assembly most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ.
We engage, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit to walk together in Christian love; to strive for the advancement of this church, in knowledge, holiness, and comfort; to promote its prosperity and spirituality; to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines, to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel through all nations.
We also engage to maintain family and secret devotions; to religiously educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances; to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid all tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger; to abstain from the sale of, and use of, destructive drugs or intoxicating drinks as a beverage; to shun pornography; to be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior.
We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love; to remember one another in prayer; to aid one another in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and Christian courtesy in speech; to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation and mindful of the rules of our Savior to secure it without delay.
We moreover engage that when we remove from this place we will, as soon as possible, unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God's Word.